BBQ Week: 29th May to 4th June
One of our favourite side dishes of the week: Quick, easy & tasty!
We’ve paired this side with our garlic & herb chicken skewers.
Ingredients (makes 6-8 fritters)
1 medium zucchini, trimmed either side
1/2 medium onion
1/4 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese
1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
1 tsp finely chopped fresh oregano
Salt and ground pepper, to season
1 large egg, lightly beaten
Extra-virgin olive oil, for frying
Plain greek style yogurt, for serving
1. Preheat Uuni for 10-15 minutes
2. Grate zucchini, using the largest grater holes, then dry off in a clean kitchen towel. Repeat with onion.
3. Mix together zucchini, cheese, onion, herbs and flour, seasoning with salt and pepper.
4. Preheat sizzler pan with extra virgin olive oil then add beaten egg into the mixture and combine (only if cooking straight away).
5. Remove the sizzler from Uuni and begin to add the mixture, 2 tbsp per fritter. You should be able to add 2-3 fritters per pan. Flatten each fritter slightly, using a spatula. Cook until golden brown (1-2 mins each side) and then place on a paper towel.
6. Serve with Uunified veg and greek style yoghurt – we threw in some vine tomatoes and a baby pepper stuffed with mozzarella for 2-3 minutes.
How to enter? Simply share your own UUNI X BBQ dish on our Facebook wall or send it to email@example.com by Monday, June 5th. 3 winners will be announced on Wednesday, June 7th.
STAY TUNED FOR MORE OF OUR FAVOURITE BBQ RECIPES.
We’ll be posting new recipes every day during BBQ Week, including recipes from our community pros: Country Wood Smoke, United Q BBQ, BBQ Forte, Butter Wouldn’t Melt & The Sexy Vegan!
Looking for more Uuni inspiration?
Join the UUNI COMMUNITY Facebook group
for sharing tips and recipes.