Salad? In an Uuni? Yes, my friends. It’s good.
This recipe that adds a wood-fired twist to a traditional greek salad. With the weather on the turn this is the perfect early autumn meal. Warm and cold, fresh, rich and smokey.. this is simple but special.
Ingredients: (serves 4)
- 100g of your favourite olives
- 1 red pepper, 1 yellow pepper (sliced)
- 100g pine nuts
- 200g feta, crumbled
- 1 red onion sliced
- 300g pomodorino (or cherry) tomatoes
- Rocket & Baby spinach or other leaves
- First, fire up your Uuni.
- Place the olives, peppers, pine nuts, onions crumbly feta and tomatoes in a roasting tin.
- Cook in your Uuni for 3-5 minutes depending on how browned you like your ingredients, checking often
- Remove from the heat and serve with olive oil and your fresh seasonal salad leaves.That’s when we say bon appetite! Or if we knew how to, we’d say: καλή όρεξη!