BBQ Week: 29th May to 4th June
If you missed our announcement last week, today marks the start of National BBQ Week. We’re taking on the Uuni X BBQ challenge and firing up all of our favourite BBQ foods in our wood-fired ovens.
Firstly… competition time!
To celebrate BBQ Week, we’re giving 3 lucky WINNERS a chance to score themselves a selection of prizes including an exotic meat hamper from Kezie Foods and a range of accessories for your Uuni.
How to enter? Simply share your own UUNI X BBQ dish on our Facebook wall or send it to email@example.com by Monday, June 5th. 3 winners will be announced on Wednesday, June 7th.
Herb & Garlic Chicken Skewers
450g chicken, diced
1 tbsp rice vinegar
1/2 cup of fresh herbs (we used rosemary, thyme, parsley and oregano)
1 tsp garlic, chopped
1 tbsp lemon zest
Salt & pepper, to season
Skewers (if wooden, soak in water for at least 1 hour to avoid burning)
1. Place chicken into a bowl and set aside.
2. Mix all remaining ingredients together and coat chicken, refrigerate while you preheat Uuni, or make it the night before for optimum flavour. At this stage, you can add more flavouring if desired – we opted for an additional 1 tbsp of sweet chilli sauce – just to heat things up a little more!
1. With a drizzle of oil, preheat sizzler pan for 1 minute.
2. Thread the chicken pieces onto a skewer (we ended up with 4 skewers with 4-5 pieces of chicken per skewer)
3. Remove sizzler pan, place skewers on and cook in Uuni for approx 6 minutes or until cooked
4. Serve with Uunified veg and a side of your choice (we chose zucchini fritters – recipe coming soon!)
STAY TUNED FOR MORE OF OUR FAVOURITE BBQ RECIPES.
We’ll be posting 2-3 new recipes every day during BBQ Week, including recipes from our community pros: Country Wood Smoke, United Q BBQ, BBQ Forte, Butter Wouldn’t Melt & The Sexy Vegan!
Looking for more Uuni inspiration?
Join the UUNI COMMUNITY Facebook group
for sharing tips and recipes.