…and it would be rude not to celebrate!
What isn’t there to love about cheese? It comes in wheels so you can roll it, you can be arrested for eating certain types, it can help you sleep and be good for your teeth, it’s used to de-ice roads and it’s older than the written word!
As it is National Cheese Pizza Day, we thought it would be fitting to use a few varieties of cheese and have gone with a trio of with blue, mozzarella & cheddar.
While cheese is nice and all, we have broken the rules with some leftover mushrooms and a few shots of Bourbon. Keep scrolling to see the kitchen on fire!
What do you need?
1. Insert pizza stone & preheat Uuni for 10-15 minutes.
2. Grate as much cheese as you can eat and as many varieties as you can find. The more the merrier!
3. Slice the mushrooms and sauté in a pan. You can do this in your Uuni Sizzler or on the stove top.
4. Once the mushrooms have cooked, remove the pan and add a shot (or two) of Bourbon.
5. With a quick dip of the pan, we used the gas flames to light the Bourbon. Don’t pour straight from the bottle as the whole thing could go up in flames (oops!).
6. Let the flames die down and leave the mushrooms to sit in the pan.
7. Knead 160grams of dough and stretch, placing onto a floured pizza peel.
7. Lightly drizzle olive oil around the pizza base, sprinkle with cheese and top with the flambéed mushrooms.
8. Cook the pizza until the crusts are golden and then serve with a sprinkling of thyme.
Looking for more Uuni inspiration? Join the UUNI COMMUNITY Facebook group for sharing tips and recipes.