It was Canadian Thanksgiving yesterday and we had a lot to be thankful for!
Not only does Canada produce 77% of the world’s maple syrup, they invented basketball and created Trivial Pursuit, it’s the first country to have built an alien landing pad, both Superman and Wolverine were originally Canucks, it’s home to the 2nd largest French speaking city in the world AND they came up with these…
Traditionally deep fried (similar to Churros), we thought we’d give it a shot and come up with our own wood-fired version.
Perfect for using up any left over dough, there is nothing tricky about this treat and should fill even the biggest of sweet spots.
What do you need? Makes 2-3 Beaver Tails
160g pizza dough
2 tbsp melted butter
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. Insert pizza stone & preheat Uuni for 10-15 minutes.
2. Working the dough, portion off into 2-3 pieces and shape to resemble a beaver’s tail.
3. Cook in your wood-fired oven until golden.
4. Using a basting brush, generously cover each tail with the melted butter and then sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon.
5. Sit back and enjoy with a Labatt Blue if you’re wanting to keep it authentic.
Looking for more Uuni inspiration? Join the UUNI COMMUNITY Facebook group for sharing tips and recipes.