BBQ Week: 29th May to 4th June
Spanish Wood Fired Prawn Skewers
12 Large Raw Prawns (heads and shell removed but leave the tails on)
2 Cloves of Garlic minced
1 tsp Smoked Paprika
30ml Olive Oil
Zest and Juice of 1 Lemon
1 tsp of Sea Salt
Wedge of Lemon to Serve
1. Make the marinade by combining all of the ingredients except for the Prawns and whisk.
2. Add the Prawns and Marinade for about an hour.
3. Fire up the Uuni
4. Put your cast iron pan in to warm up.
5. Thread the Prawns onto your Skewers (if using bamboo skewers soak them in water first).
6. When the Cast Iron is smoking hot move it to the front of the Uuni and add the Prawns with the handles hanging out the front of the Uuni so you can rotate the prawns during the cook. The prawns will take about 3-4 minutes to cook but baste them with the remaining marinade halfway through the cook.
7. Once the Prawns are completely opaque they are cooked.
8. Take them out of the Uuni and serve immediately with a wedge of Lemon.
STAY TUNED FOR MORE OF OUR FAVOURITE BBQ RECIPES.
We’ll be posting new recipes every day during BBQ Week, including recipes from our community pros: Country Wood Smoke, United Q BBQ, BBQ Forte, Butter Wouldn’t Melt & The Sexy Vegan!
Looking for more Uuni inspiration?
Join the UUNI COMMUNITY Facebook group
for sharing tips and recipes.