This morning BBC Breakfast were alternating between today’s two top stories: 1. The Scottish Independence Referendum. 2. This year’s abundant blackberry season. Both are big news indeed. For this post we are concentrating on the second story as it’s got more predictable results. Cheese & fruit.. What’s not to love?
We have been doing lots of experimenting with new ideas and recipes to go in the Uuni. Wood-firing gives a beautiful flavour and colour to a vast range of food. Then it struck me: what’s wrong with me? I’ve wasted so much time. Why have I never Uuni’d some halloumi!?
As we’re big fans of seasonal fayre we thought it’d be great to team said abundant zingy blackberries – with salty, melty halloumi. We were not wrong.
- 1 pack of Halloumi cheese
- 100g blackberries from your local bush (or shop!)
- Fire up the Uuni
- Slice halloumi
- Pop halloumi and blackberries in a small baking tray.
- Bake in the Uuni for approximately 3-4 minutes or until cheese is blackening.
- This delightful duo can be served on crackers as a starter, as an hors d’oeuvre on bread or thrown on some leaves for a wonderful salad.
Subscribe to our mailing list