What’s one of the best parts about a Thanksgiving meal? The leftovers!
Whether you’re cooking for 2 or 20, why not skip to the best part and go straight for our favourite next day dish:
Thanksgiving Wood-Fired Turkey, Bacon, Blue Cheese & Cranberry Pizza
What do you need? (per pizza)
160g pizza dough
Olive oil to drizzle
1/2 small sprig of thyme
1 piece of turkey, cut into small pieces
Handful dried cranberries (or cranberry sauce)
1 rasher of bacon, diced
1. Insert pizza stone & preheat Uuni for 10-15 minutes.
2. Preheat a sizzler pan for 1 minute and then put the bacon on to cook for a further minute
3. Flour the peel and begin to stretch the dough
4. Drizzle a small amount of olive oil to lightly cover the base and begin to add the turkey, cranberries, blue cheese and mozzarella pieces, ending with the cooked bacon. (If using cranberry sauce instead of dried cranberries, add to pizza once cooked)
6. Slide pizza into your Uuni and cook until perfect, adding a sprinkle of thyme when removing.
7. Eat, relax, repeat.
Trying out this recipe? Don’t forget to share a photo!
Tag #uuni or #uunified via Instagram, Twitter or Facebook
Looking for more Uuni inspiration? Join the UUNI COMMUNITY Facebook group for sharing tips and recipes.
Fantastic. Wood-fired Food. Fast.
Happy Thanksgiving to all our Uuni friends across the pond! Here’s an unusual new turkey recipe to get you in the mood for the celebrations on Thursday.
Turkey fillets (chopped into strips) or diced turkey
Handful of grated cheddar
First, light up your Uuni.
Pour some olive oil into a small tray or frying pan and place it in your Uuni for 30 seconds to heat through a little.
Now add the seasoned turkey pieces to the pan and place this in your Uuni. Keep a utensil at hand to move the meat around in the pan as it begins to cook through. Depending on the temperature of your Uuni this should take between 3-8 minutes. Remember that the turkey will get an extra couple of minutes cooking on the pizza too. So don’t allow it to go too brown yet. At this stage we just want it to be cooked through to give it a head start.
Once the turkey is cooked through and beginning to turn brown, remove from the heat and leave to one side.
Now prepare your pizza base, spreading your classic dough onto your pizza peel.
Add your classic sauce, cheddar, brie, fried turkey and dried cranberries.
Put the pizza in the Uuni and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until golden brown.