4 Corn Cobs
20g Pecorino finely grated
1 tsp Smoked Paprika
1 tsp Ancho Chilli Powder
Sprigs of Fresh Mint
Extra virgin olive oil
1. Fire up the UUNI
2. Put your cast iron pan in to warm up.
3. Brush the Cobs with extra virgin olive oil.
4. When the Cast Iron is smoking hot chuck the Cobs onto it and chuck it back into the UUNI.
5. After 3 minutes rotate the Cobs.
6. When you have a nice char on the Cobs bring them out and smear with about 20g of Mayo on each. Sprinkle with the Paprika, Ancho, Chilli Powder, Pecorino and Mint Sprigs.
7. Serve with the leftover Mayo.
Peruvian Pork in Uchucuta
2 Pork Ribeyes Bone in Uchucuta
2 Green Jalapeños
1 Scotch Bonnet
150g Feta Cheese
1 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
Juice of 1 Lime
2 Cloves of Garlic
Put the chilli’s into the UUNI on a Cast Iron Plate until charred, then pull stalk off. If you want it to be a little milder remove all of the seeds and scrape the inside of the chillis with a teaspoon.
Add the chilli’s and all the other ingredients to a blender and blend till smooth.
1. Marinate the Ribeyes in just enough Uchucuta to cover (save the rest for serving and make sure that it doesn’t come in contact with raw meat) for minimum 2 hours but preferably overnight.
2. Fire up the UUNI
3. Put your cast iron pan in to warm up.
4. When the Cast Iron is smoking hot chuck the marinated Ribeyes onto it and chuck it back into the UUNI.
5. Cook to an internal of 65C which will take 4-6 minutes and flip the 6. Ribeyes halfway through.
7. Rest for a couple of minutes and serve with a generous dollop of the Uchucuta.
Have you entered our BBQ Week competition?
How to enter? Simply share your own UUNI X BBQ dish on our Facebook wall or send it to email@example.com by Monday, June 5th. 3 winners will be announced on Wednesday, June 7th.
STAY TUNED FOR MORE OF OUR FAVOURITE BBQ RECIPES.
We’ll be posting new recipes every day during BBQ Week, including recipes from our community pros: Country Wood Smoke, United Q BBQ, BBQ Forte, Butter Wouldn’t Melt & The Sexy Vegan!
Looking for more Uuni inspiration?
Join the UUNI COMMUNITY Facebook group
for sharing tips and recipes.