Salad? In an Uuni? Yes, my friends. It’s good.
This recipe that adds a wood-fired twist to a traditional greek salad. With the weather on the turn this is the perfect early autumn meal. Warm and cold, fresh, rich and smokey.. this is simple but special.
Ingredients: (serves 4)
- 100g of your favourite olives
- 1 red pepper, 1 yellow pepper (sliced)
- 100g pine nuts
- 200g feta, crumbled
- 1 red onion sliced
- 300g pomodorino (or cherry) tomatoes
- Rocket & Baby spinach or other leaves
- First, fire up your Uuni.
- Place the olives, peppers, pine nuts, onions crumbly feta and tomatoes in a roasting tin.
- Cook in your Uuni for 3-5 minutes depending on how browned you like your ingredients, checking often
- Remove from the heat and serve with olive oil and your fresh seasonal salad leaves.That’s when we say bon appetite! Or if we knew how to, we’d say: καλή όρεξη!
Vegetables flame roasted in an Uuni
Flame grilled greek salad
Flame grilled greek salad
We’re rolling. Yes!
Yesterday, the very first Uuni 2’s left the manufacturers and were sent to our customers in Finland. Also, some 128 Uuni’s are on their way to the UK for arrival at the fulfilment centre early next week. We’re in now working with them to queue up the orders and make sure as soon as they arrive, they’re sent out.
And finally, a batch to the US will be loaded on an airplane next week. Air freight will only take a few days from Finland to the warehouse in Philly – as with UK, we’ll get the fulfilment company to be ready to send these out as soon as they arrive.
Not long now, we’re almost there!
PS. We just shot an unboxing video, check it out!
We’re so happy that Uuni 2s are finally shipping (see latests update here). Here’s a quick video we made here in Finland showing what you can expect to find the box if you’ve ordered one. Happy cooking! Please share your experiences of using our new oven.
Here’s an overview of the new features of Uuni 2. What do you think?
Dear Uuni Community,
We’ve again received a message last night from the manufacturers that the first shipment will be another 7 days late. This is due to metal supply issues higher up in the supply chain.
This is extremely frustrating to us as we’ve been working on this for the past 8 months and want nothing more than for people to get to use it. But it is of course more frustrating to all you who’ve already ordered one. I’m so sorry for the delays. If you’d at this stage wish to cancel your order rather than wait, perhaps just to order at a later date, just email me on email@example.com with your order number or reply to your order confirmation and I’ll get it sorted as soon as.
While this is mostly out of our hands, here’s what we’re doing to minimise the delivery times as much as we can:
- EU (and Australian) stock will ship from Finland to our warehouse next Friday (4th July), shipping takes 5-7 days and we’ve queued up the warehouse so that as soon as they arrive there, they’ll go out.
- If the EU stock misses next Fridays ship from Finland, we’ll take the hit and start shipping them directly from Finland to customers in EU. I’m in Finland from 5th July to make sure this happens as fast as possible.
- For US/Canada orders, we’ve made the decision to air freight them from Finland to the US warehouse rather than wait for sea freight to get across. It’s not a cheap option by no means, but it cuts the freight time from 4 weeks to just 5 days. It’s definitely worth it.
Everybody who ordered an Uuni 2 before it started shipping from the warehouses, will still receive an extra pizza peel as a small token of gratitude and for your patience. We’ll also send a discount code you can use yourself or pass on to a friend who’d love to get an Uuni themselves.
I can’t tell you how sorry we are that’s it’s taken longer than expected to get shipping these. Uuni 2 is really an amazing product and so much fun to use, we absolutely think it’s worth the wait.
Today we’re launching Uuni 2, the second generation to follow the ground breaking Uuni wood-fired oven. The launch represents the culmination of months of development work, experimentation and learning.
Here’s two of the key features we are most proud of.
1. Uuni is now even easier to use. The original Uuni made wood-fired cooking available to anyone, anywhere. It brought the cost of entry down from thousands of dollars to just three hundred dollars. It was very well received, especially by the pizza enthusiasts who really wanted to move outdoors to make their creations. Uuni 2 is truly easy enough for anyone to use.
Much of this is thanks to moving away from using a battery powered fan pushing air in, to a chimney that creates draft that pulls air in to the oven. This sounds like a small difference but this has allowed the pellet hopper to be larger thus accommodating around 15-20 minutes worth of pellets. It also makes it easier to have a consistent, steady heat.
2. Uuni 2 is hotter than ever. We’re now cooking a pizza in 2 minutes instead of the previous 3-4 minutes. Between burns, you can now also control the temperature by adjusting the level of the hopper. You can have Uuni 2 burning with a small flame, or at it’s maximum of around 450°C (840°F). While you’ve always been able to cook a variety of things in Uuni, this new level of control really opens up the opportunities to cook foods for longer times, on a lower heat.
We really think you’ll love Uuni 2. Keep an eye on our website in the coming weeks for videos and tips on how to get the best out of Uuni.